A self storage unit can be a great help for your home or office business space.
If you operate a home office, sharing space with your home life can become difficult. A self storage unit can provide that much needed bit of secure space, to allow you to organize and find your work world. Use the mini storage unit to store documents, office equipment, inventory and other items that will provide flexible space.
Storing items that are taking up valuable retail space, or closet space that can be removed to provide more retail space can drive significant returns. Put those Christmas and other seasonal decorations in a low cost storage unit, and free up that retail space to drive revenue.
If you’re looking using a self storage unit for business storage, see below for some tips on selecting your unit.
- Stay organized! You will want to keep the storage space productive, and not a graveyard for old fax machines. Make sure boxes are all properly labeled to make it easier to find inventory or other items when you need them. Label everything when you pack, and make sure that you load the storage unit so that the labels are visible and easy to read.
- Make sure that the self storage facility is secure and well lit. Security for business storage is key, as you may need access at odd hours.
- Make sure the self storage unit has 24-hour access. If you need to get an order to a client ASAP it’s important to be able to make sure that you can get access as required.
- Organize the unit with the most frequently used items in the front, to speed access.
- Select a self storage with good access. Selecting a self storage with great highway access will make it an excellent place for inventory pick-up on the way to a job site, or the office.
Conveniently located in Ottawa just 2 km from the Queensway at St. Laurent Blvd. in Ottawa, Gladwin Self Storage offers plenty of free parking and 24 hour access to your storage unit. Contact us for details on how self storage can help your small business.
Tags: business storage, closet space, flexible space, mini storage unit, office business space, office equipment inventory, Ottawa, seasonal decorations, self storage facility, self storage unit, storage space, store documents